If an individual with Alzheimer's or a related dementia wanders and becomes lost, caregivers can call the 24-hour emergency response line (1.800.625.3780) to report it.
A community support network will be activated, including local Alzheimer Association chapters and law enforcement agencies, to help reunite the person who wandered with the caregiver or a family member. With this service, critical medical information will be provided to emergency responders when needed.
If a citizen or emergency personnel finds the person with dementia, they can call the toll-free number listed on person's MedicAlert + Safe Return ID jewelry. MedicAlert + Safe Return will notify the listed contacts, making sure the person is returned home.
MedicAlert + Safe Return provide an ID bracelet or pendant to be worn by the individual with dementia.
$55 + $7 shipping and handling, you receive an enrollment package including:
• Member's ID jewelry with personalized information and MedicAlert + Safe Return's 24-hour emergency toll-free number
• Personalized emergency wallet card
• 24-hour emergency response service
• Personal health record (PHR)
• Six Steps to a Safe Return magnet
(Optional) Add $35 for caregiver ID jewelry and membership
• Membership includes everything listed above
• The caregiver wears this worldwide-recognized ID jewelry to alert others that he or she provides care for a MedicAlert + Safe Return member, in case of an emergency
$35 annual renewal fee An annual fee of $35 will be due after the first year for each membership.